We can offer a CAA approved one-day specialist course for those specifically shipping infectious substances and diagnostic specimens etc by air. As always, these courses can be hosted on your own premises or at our training centre in Southampton.
The range of subjects covered include:
- Classification of Category A and Category B substances
- Packaging infectious substances/diagnostic specimens
- Biological substances (UN3373)
- Marking and labelling
- Shippers' Declarations
- The requirements for dry ice and dry-shippers
- Restrictions and limitations
- Genetically Modified Micro-organisms (if required)
This course will result in the award of a training certificate, valid for 24 months, but restricted only to Class 6.2 goods - therefore is not suitable for those additionally shipping other classes.
The course is suitable for shippers (doctors, medical professionals, drug company employees etc), packers, cargo agents, acceptance and operators' staff. The same course is suitable for both initial or revalidation candidates.
A copy of the guidance document developed by ICAO for the correct transport of infectious substances can be found by following this Link: http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dangerous_goods/Documents/Guidance_Doc62DGR_52.pdf